Pitchfork has another great top list. Here are the highlights:
190. Elliott Smith - Figure 8
178. Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II
171. The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
159. Girl Talk - Night Ripper
156. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
151. The Walkmen - Bows and Arrows
143. The Decemberists - Picaresque
140. TV on the Radio - Dear Science
135. Sigur Ros - ()
131. The Notwist - Neon Golden
118. The Beta Band - Hot Shots II
91. The New Pornographers - Mass Romantic
86. Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
70. Sufjan Stevens - Greetings From Michigan: The Great Lakes State
67. The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
63. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
58. The Field - From Here We Go Sublime
56. Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca (I'm impressed!)
51. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
50. Deerhunter - Microcastle
48. The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday
34. Radiohead - Amnesiac
32. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
31. TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
29. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
21. Radiohead - In Rainbows
20. Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
16. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
5. Jay-Z - The Blueprint
4. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (I'm surprised this album is ranked so high)
2. Arcade Fire - Funeral (YES! Definitely deserved)
1. Radiohead - Kid A (Surprising. Radiohead should hold the top position, but this is my least favorite album...)
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thom Yorke has a new 12". "Feeling Pulled Apart by Horses," co-written by Jonny Greenwood, dates back to 2001. It has been reworked for this version. "The Hollow Earth" has a similar feel, as both tracks are reminiscent of The Eraser - very buzzy, jumpy, and restless. Stream the two tracks here or watch the videos below.
SmallEarthVintage is an Etsy shop of vintage dresses, tops, skirts, shoes, accessories, menswear, decor, and more! The clothing spans from the '40s to the '70s.
Monday, September 28, 2009
New Etsy shop alert! I recently discovered the Little White Dresser. How gorgeous is her work? She is having a September Sale - free earrings with any purchase!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
After arriving back in D.C. from the Pittsburgh Summit, the President and Mrs. Obama attended the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's Annual Phoenix Awards Dinner. Love the cocktail dress!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
This week at school was SO busy that I forgot about Chuck Bass Thursday, aka, my favorite day of the week! I'm making it up to you today. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I am obsessed with Kate Spade's fall collection. In addition to her clothes, bags, and shoes, she has great jewelry and accessories. I love the preppy '60s vibe. Which accessory is your favorite?